Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Hits to the Wantlist

My latest trade with TCDB member The Sandlot did not contain anything flashy or high dollar.  What it did have was 8 hits to various team set wants dating back to 1996. 


My favorite card of the package was this 1996 Sportflix Ozzie Smith.  I am guessing he was jumping over a runner to complete a double play, but who knows.  This one finished my team set.

Two other 1996 cards came from Pacific Crown and Emotion.  Eckersley has his warrior face on in this spring training photo. 

I am not a huge fan of any of these sets.   I am sure other collectors would agree with my dislike of a card that shows a player in a different uniform than the team that is listed on the card.  But as long as it has a Cardinals logo, it is a keeper.

Two of my favorite players from the Whitey Ball era.  The McGee card finished my 2005 Topps Rookie Cup set.  Along with Ray Lankford, Coleman is being inducted into the Cardinals Hall of Fame this weekend.  I will have a post about that next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment