Friday, August 3, 2018

TCDB/Blog Trade

My first trade since I returned from vacation was with Laurie who runs http://ttmautographs-lv.blogspot.com/, and is also a member of TCDB under the name stevienicks77.  I proposed a trade before I had left,  and forgot about it until I was gone.  She was nice enough to wait until I returned to finalize the trade.  Glad she had the patience because it was a very nice and diverse group of Cardinals she sent.

Fleer put out a ton of box sets in the late 1980s that you could find at discount or drug stores like Walgreens or Super X.  They are not very valuable, but very fun to collect because you do not run across them very often.

Who doesn't love minor league cards of manager and trainers.  CMC and Procards put out some large sets in 1990. 

Fast forward to more recent years and we get into colored parallels.  Gold, blue, and purple are some mainstays of the Topps rainbow.

Still not a fan of minis no matter the year or brand, but if it is a Cardinals card I will give it a home.  These gold border mini are from 2017 Allen & Ginter.

Bader should receive more playing time now that Tommy Pham is in Tampa.  Yesterday's game is a good sample of what he can do.  He struck out his first 3 times, but in the bottom of the 9th he singles, stole second, and scored the winning run.  This is my first 2018 Bowman Platinum card.  Despite a lot going on in the background, I like it.  The Future Stars inset is pretty sharp for a base Topps card.

A little more color to finish the package with a 2018 GQ green border and a 2017 Gold Label red #ed to 50.  I sure hope both of these guys can be healthy and productive starters in 2019. 

No comments:

Post a Comment