Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Two for Tuesday

I know it is Wednesday, but I fully intended on getting this post up yesterday before life got in the way.  Soccer practice and math homework take priority over playing with cardboard, so I am a day late.  I did received two trade packages on  Tuesday.  The first was a pwe from TCDB member BobbyL.

Bobby sent a pair of shortstop prospects from 2017 Bowman Chrome Draft.  Perez was a #1 draft pick in 2016 who was an all star in short season ball this year.  He should see full season Peoria some time next year.  Robertson was a 4th round pick last year who debut in Peoria and has spent all of this year in High A Palm Beach.  I would not consider either one an elite prospect, but there is still time for Perez to develop.  Robertson would be a utility guy if he makes it.

The next package came from Brad who writes Red Sox Fan in Nebraska blog.  I had a few extra Red Sox Brad needed in exchange for some recent Cardinals.

2018 Topps Fire came out last week, but I am still working on 2017.  These two former shortstops knocked my needs down to 2 cards.  Even though this shows 2 different cards, it would make for a great dual auto card.  Hint hint Topps.

For some reason I always liked the league leader type cards.  It was nice to see these included in the 2018 Big League set.

I love the Futures Stars inserts this year.  I still have to track down the Jack Flaherty card to complete the flagship run before I start on the Topps Chrome versions.  The Wainwright DK is my first 2018 Donruss Optic card.  Waino is scheduled for one more rehab start in Memphis this weekend before he joins the Cardinals when rosters expand.  I hope he can do well as this could very likely be his last season.   


No comments:

Post a Comment