Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Small TCDB swap

I received a small PWE trade from TCDB member ntlwhlr over the weekend.  Since I was gone, I did not have a chance to open it until last night.  Although small, the contents were most welcome.

I do not ever recall eating Jiffy Pop popcorn.  We actually grew our own as a kid back in the 1980s.  Guess that is why I never had any of these discs in my collection.  This Coleman looks like a modern day Panini card with the lack of logos. 

Pacific had some great cards back in the day, but this is not one of them.  The name plate on this 1997 Pacific Crown card is too hard to read and does not belong vertically on the side.  I like the name to be along the bottom of the card like the 1992 Conlon card.  I had never heard of Beckmann before I received this card.  He played 2 games for the Cardinals in 1942. 

My son loved the Fredbird sticker from 2017 Topps.  We may have to buy an album next time we venture to Target. 

No comments:

Post a Comment