Thursday, August 2, 2018

I Love Surprises

There is nothing better than checking the mail and finding a trade package that you had no idea was coming.  Even if it is only a card or two, we have a lot of generous collectors in the card world.  I was lucky enough to receive such an envelope over the weekend from Trading Bases member Colin M.
 
I never get tired of receiving Stan the Man cards.  The Topps Tribute card is very sharp.

These were the last 4 cards I needed from 2017 Topps Chrome Update.  DeJong is the only one playing for the Cardinals now after Voit was traded to the Yankees last week.  Reyes is still a Cardinals, but like so many other pitchers is out for the year.

Weaver is one Cardinals pitcher who has not been injured, just been very inconsistent this year.  He could not make it out of the 3rd inning last night.  This 2017 Update photo variation is one of the few in my collection.


 The highlight of the package for me were these 1994 Upper Deck All Time Heroes cards.  I am a sucker for sets that feature retired greats.  I am not a fan of the floating heads, but love the black and white images.     


 

No comments:

Post a Comment