Tuesday, May 9, 2023

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #42

I am back with what seems like my only post each week.  At least I can say I am consistent.  Tuesday means a recap of 2 small trades from TCDB members.  First up is a 4 pack of Cardinals from edsekula.

This batch of 2023 Big League cards features my first foil card in Wilson Contreras.  He performed well in his return to Wrigley last night despite the recent news that he will not be catching for a few games.  Although I do not agree with it, the management is putting some blame on the Cardinals losing to his pitch calling/not being familiar with the staff.  There is some truth to the numbers, as the staff ERA is almost 2 runs lower when Andrew Knizner is behind the plate.  That still is no reason to come out in public saying he is not a good catcher.  If current manager Oliver Marmol survives until the All Star break, I will be shocked.

Second trade is from member adamhobson.  This is our second attempt at trading this year.  He sent out a package on February 1st that is still in USPS limbo.  Without me asking, he sent another envelope last week.  It is great to see collectors like him involved in this hobby.


My 2021 Finest Flashbacks set is now complete.  It makes me feel old knowing the 1994 design is almost 30 years old.  


In 2019 Topps actually released Bowman Heritage on time unlike last year.  This Luken Baker is the chrome parallel.  Baker has started the year off on fire in Triple A.  As of yesterday he has 12 home runs, 29 RBIs, and hitting over .300 .  Too bad he can only play first base and DH.
  


2 comments:

  1. Yikes, I first thought that Luken Baker was a fat Mark McGwire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is not what I would call slim. Can hit the crap out of the ball though.

      Delete