Tuesday, May 16, 2023

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #43

What a difference a week makes.  The Cardinals are still in last place, but at least they are playing better, winning 7 of their last 8 games, including a weekend sweep of the Red Sox in Boston.  There is still plenty wrong with the team, but at least I can bear to watch a game now.  While I was listening to last night's 18 to 1 victory over the Brewers, I managed to scan the cards for today's post.  First trade came from member CrowsCollectibles.  


Wainwright did not win his first start last Friday, but the Cardinals did.  Maybe his presence has helped the atmosphere in the clubhouse.  Hopefully, he can get 5 more wins to reach 200 for his career.  I reached a milestone with this 2023 Topps rainbow foil card.   This makes 400 different Wainwrights in my collection.


I traded for both of these 2022 Prizm Draft cards with the hopes of getting them signed.  Scott is in Peoria right now, while Mautz is a level below at Palm Beach.  The Scott is a silver prizm.

Second trade came from member philhigh.


2 more cards I am wanting to get signed.  Hjerpe is with Scott right now in Peoria.  Scott could be promoted soon, but I would bet Hjerpe will spend most of the year as a Chief.


Mikolas finally had a quality start against the Red Sox Sunday night.  He did it without striking out a batter.  Ks are great, but they can run up a pitch count really quick.  My 2023 Big League set is now somewhat complete.  All I need is 8 of the foil short prints.  I should be able to track down 4 of them.  


  

  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment