Monday, June 5, 2023

In Person Indianapolis Autographs

This post is a follow-up to the one on May 24, which highlighted my son and I's trip to Indianapolis.  I had plans to post it last week, but life really got in the way.  I will not go into details, as this is a card blog.  All I will say is take a moment each day to hug the ones you love and tell them what they mean to you.  You never know when they may be gone.

The main reason for our trip was to catch an Indians game, the triple-A team of the Pirates.  This was the first team autograph night held since before Covid happened.  There are quite a few top prospects on the roster, many of which I did not have cards for.  We did not come away empty-handed though.   


 Malcom Nunez was part of the Jose Quintana trade last summer.  He was the only player with Cardinal cards, so it was nice to get him.


I did find 2 cards of Cal Mitchell in my boxes prior to the trip.  I had zero luck finding any at the card shop.


I had the Contenders Gonzales card and was able to find the 2022 Heritage Minors card at the shop.


I had 3 of the Swaggerty cards, and added the 2023 Topps from the shop.  It was nice to see him signing, as at the time he was on the DL.   I love getting the Bowman Top 100 cards signed.

Quinn Priester was one of the main guys I wanted to get, but I had none of his cards and did not find any at the card shop.  We were behind a nice gentleman with a binder full of cards who agreed to give us 2 Priester cards.  We kept this one while giving the other one back.  Always nice to meet good guys in the hobby.

The Indians lost both games of the doubleheader vs. the Iowa Cubs.  Not much offense in either game as the finals were 1-0 and 2-1.  We also came home with 2 Oneil Cruz bobbleheads, but I was too lazy to take a picture of them.  All in all, it was a fun day spent with my son making baseball memories.
  



 
  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment