Friday, June 16, 2023

On Fire

When the checklist for 2023 Donruss came out, I had to throw a little mini party.  For the first time since 2012 Topps Archives, Ray Lankford has a mainstream card.  The Archives was an autograph.  I say mini party because there are 24 different versions of his card counting the printing plates.  It will be impossible, but I will try to acquire as many as possible.  The first one arrived on Wednesday.


The On Fire parallels are numbered to 75.  I paid about $11 for this one on EBAY.  Maybe a little high, but I have no idea how many people will be busting Donruss.  Anything numbered under 100 may be hard to find.  I believe this is the first card showing Lankford wearing #12 instead of his usual #16.  During his final season with the Cardinals in 2004 Reggie Sanders was wearing #16.  

No comments:

Post a Comment