Friday, June 30, 2023

Nice Bench Trade

Before I left for vacation on the 17th, I managed to complete a rare trade on The Bench website.  This one was only the 5th one this year, the second with member mechjo16.  Before discovering TCDB, I would do 15-20 trades a month on the site.  I still check the message board daily, but most members seem to be the newer investment type who only want the hottest prospects.  Not my cup of tea, but every now and then, I do find a like-minded collector.  I traded a stack of 2023 Bowman singles for a nice lot of recent Cardinals.


I am impressed with my first 2022 Panini Capstone cards.  Nice thick card stock with a glossy finish.  I like the baseball in the background.  


A couple of nice base cards from 2021 A&G hot box foil set.  If I had a dime for every time Topps used some form of this Musial photo.  


I love die-cut cards.  Not sure why.  They can be difficult to keep in good shape.  Just something cool about a card shaped like a crystal ball.  


A couple of shiny parallels from 2021 sets.  Edman is an optic, while Goldschmidt is a Prizm.  


The final 2 cards included a 2021 yellow parallel and a 2021 refractor.  Woodford was part of the group of 4 pitchers and 1 position player who gave up 14 runs last night.  I have no idea when the Cardinals will hit rock bottom, but it better be soon.   They are very hard to root for right now.




     

1 comment:

  1. I'm an A's and Padres fan... so I understand the whole rock bottom thing.

    ReplyDelete