Wednesday, February 8, 2017

4 Pack Trade Package

So far I have resisted the urge to open any 2017 Topps cards.  I have made 2 trips to Wal-Mart since the release date, but have avoided the card isle.  I do have the base set coming in from a trade, but it is still hard not grabbing a hanger pack or two.  To help satisfy the card urge, I received a small trade package on Monday from a Bench member.


I sure wish Donruss could use logos.  Even the lack of a small logo on Wainwright's cap stands out like sore thumb.

I would also enjoy a more prominent return of the stolen base in today's game.  It seems more emphasis is placed on the home run than taking the extra base.  I guess growing up in the Cardinals Whitey ball era poisoned my mind.

This was my favorite and least favorite card of the trade package.  Favorite because 2015 Topps Update Chrome cards look very cool in hand.  Least favorite because of the player depicted.  I cannot blame Heyward for wanting to go to a team with a perceived better future, but to say he chose Chicago because he felt it was safer for his familyis like Pujols saying he chose the Angels because the man upstairs told him too. 

1 comment:

  1. I have to say I think the 2017 Topps issue s the nicest I have seen in a decade-might get the set-picked up a hanger box and picked up 6 Redbirds0thought two are former -Jaime and Moss

    ReplyDelete