Monday, March 4, 2024

Late to the Party

It has been a few weeks since 2024 Topps hit the shelves, and today I will be showing off my first cards from the set.  It has not been very hard resisting the urge to open packs, as my local Walmart did not have any in stock until last Tuesday.  It can be tough seeing the cool looking new cards onlince, but delayed gratification it a lot more cost effective in the card world.  There are plenty of collectors on TCDB who have them for trade.  Member RaysFanNC provided a great start to my team set.


Here are 7 of the 9 Cardinals in the base set.  Hard to pick out a favorite, but I would go with the Contreras.  His card shows off the emotion that he plays with.  Fermin was an interesting choice for inclusion in the set.  He played about 20 games for the Cardinals last year and batted .235.  That was good enough for Topps to give him an autograph in the set.  It has been selling for $5-10.  I will wait until it falls into the $2-3.


I also received a 2023 Chrome Update card.  Not sure where Burleson will be at the start of the season.  Up until last week, he was most likely the last bench bat.  Once Brandon Crawford signed, he most likely lost his spot.  


No comments:

Post a Comment