Friday, March 15, 2024

Overdue Card Show Recap

Usually, when I attend a card show over the weekend, I try to post the recap early the following week.  That was not the case after my son and I attended a show on February 10th.  It took a few days to sort the cards, and then I set them aside when getting to incoming trades.  A month went by, and the cards were still on my desk waiting to be scanned.  Thanks to the rain last night, I finally scanned them and filed them away.

This show was advertised as 200 tables.  That was accurate, but a good 20-30 of them were Pokemon only.  I have no problem with that, other than the fact those tables were scattered throughout the show floor.  It would make more sense to have them in one area.  I was on the hunt for ungraded vintage Cardinals and bargain boxes.  The vintage was either graded or priced too high for my taste.  The bargain boxes were ok.  Most were $1, but I did happen to find a dime box in the last row.  Wish I found it sooner.  It was loaded with nice inserts and some parallels.  I spent a total of $12 at the show, $10 with the dime box dealer.  I will spare you the trade bait scans.  A decent chunk of it has already been traded, anyway.     


These 2018 A&G cards are the glossy hot box parallels, my first from that set.


Not too many refractors in the box, but I managed to find a couple of 2022 Topps Chrome Cardinals I needed.


There were several different colored parallels across several brands.  The orange Big League is a great-looking card.


Not too many numbered cards in the dime box.  I did find a Gold Label numbered to 500 and a 2002 Donruss Best of Fan Club insert numbered to 300.


Pair of horizontal cards.  Love the Arenado card.


Hard to go wrong with a couple of legends for a dime each.  I have never seen the 1992 RBI Magazine Ozzie before.


This 2021 Finest Carlson is the design variation.  Not really rare, but still a cool dime card.  







  


  

1 comment:

  1. My favorite thing to find at card shows are dime boxes filled with inserts, parallels, and oddballs. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete