Thursday, April 11, 2024

2 From the Bench

It is not Tuesday, but in an effort to lessen the clutter on my desk, I have 2 different Cardinals lots from The Bench.  1 is a trade, the other a box break.

First up is the hobby box break from 2024 Topps Big League and 2023 Bowman Inception.  I paid $10 for the Cardinals spot.


I did not do the greatest in this one, with only 4 cards.  At least I did get the Walker and Winn cards, along with a Nootbaar uncommon foil.  It is fun to get into a break every once in a while, but very rarely do I come out ahead.    

The trade came from member Scobes. I have traded with him multiple times recently.  Each time I send him numbered Phillies cards in exchange for some Cardinals.


I consider it a win to turn the dime or quarter Phillie cards from bargain boxes into Topps Gold Cardinals, which I can never find in the same boxes.  The added cost of postage for a pwe still makes the deal a win.


I also never run across older premium issues like this 2008 Triple Threads.  I like the use of team colors for the background.  Black is not the best option for the nameplate, though.  The serial number is not very easy to read.    


  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment