Tuesday, April 30, 2024

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #77

The Cardinals' first full month of the season ends today with a doubleheader against the Tigers.  It will be strange watching Jack Flaherty throw to Carson Kelly in the first game.  Both former Cardinals were players I followed closely.  I wish them the best after today's games.  With a sweep, the Cardinals can get back to .500.  I would be happy with a split.

I could not think of a theme for either of today's recaps, so I will jump right into it.  First envelope came from member Mrwhite1978.


Another 6 cards were crossed off my 2024 Heritage wantlist.  Topps did a good job with the dual MVP cards.


Also grabbed the Altuve for my son.  I thank Topps for not making his card a short print this year.  

The second trade envelope came from member el_cid91.


I was not a fan of Topps including short prints in Gallery.  After receiving this Molina, I only need the Musial sp to finish the 2020 team set.


I received 2 shiny cards with this Silver Portrait McGwire and a Topps Chrome Update Arenado.  Arenado and the rest of the team could really use McGwire as their hitting coach.  During his 4 seasons as the Cardinals hitting coach, they had a great offense.  Some of that had to do with Albert Pujols being on the team, and some had to do with McGwire.  


The blue border Topps Update parallels look very sharp.  Not refractor sharp, but still very nice.






     

No comments:

Post a Comment