Wednesday, April 24, 2024

9th & 10th New Lankford cards of 2024

The Cardinals reverted back to their old ways last night, losing 14 to 1.  2 different pitchers gave up 7 runs.  In a post game interview, manager Oliver Marmol said starter Steven Matz did a pretty decent job despite giving up 7 runs in less than 5 innings.  I guess I am old school, thinking that is a lousy job.  I have never really cared for Marmol since the beginning of last year when he called out Tyler O'Neill.  There is a time and place to confront a player.  Doing it to the press early in the season is not it.  I doubt there are many Cardinals fans who were pleased that Marmol received a 2 year extension at the end of spring training.  Does not make much sense to award someone after he manages a team to last place.  

Enough of my complaining.  Time to show off some nice additions to my Ray Lankford collection.


This is my 5th version of this card.  I  have the version numbered to 15 to track down.  There is a copy listed on EBAY, but the starting bid is close to what I paid for the one of one.  


This is the 2nd version of this card I have.  It does not have the eye appeal of the first card, but it does have a better write-up on the back highlighting the game Lankford hit for the cycle.         


      

1 comment:

  1. Good luck this season. The NL Central is tough this year.

    ReplyDelete