Monday, April 22, 2024

Bright Spot to a Bad Baseball Weekend

It was not a good weekend to be a Cardinals fan.  The Brewers came to town on Friday and proceeded to sweep the Cardinals.  The 3 losses left St. Louis in last place.  As of today, they have the same record as they did last year and have scored fewer runs.  Something needs to change sooner rather than later to avoid another dreadful season.  

Until the Cardinals play better, I will have to rely on card packages to keep me happy baseball-wise.  Thankfully, I had a nice package arrive Saturday from TCDB member jeffburk, which brightened my weekend.


I am not a big fan of the UK or Japan sets, but I will not turn them away either.  


I opened a ton of 1994 Bowman, so I was excited to see the design return for 2022 Bowman Heritage.  If  mother nature cooperates, I should see both of these guys play in Peoria this weekend.

 

I am almost done with 2023 Stadium Club.  2 more Cardinals to track down.  2024 Big League will most likely never be complete thanks to the unnecessary short prints.  
 

It was bittersweet to receive a nice Herzog card after his passing last week.  This Prizm does a good job of showing his firey spirit.    



    

1 comment: