Friday, April 12, 2024

This One Slipped Through the Cracks

I pride myself on having an organized collection.  It does not take me more than 5 minutes to find any card, whether it is for trade or in my personal collection.  Sometimes, cards can get misplaced, though, while they are waiting to be filed away in my card closet.  That was the case with a trade from TCDB member patricksb4.  These cards arrived on March 22, but for some reason, I put them on a shelf on my computer desk and then covered them up with some bills.  Last night when I paid them, I discovered this 4 pack of Cardinals.   


My Topps Gold quest continues with one each from 2007 and 2009.  I was never a fan of the 2007 design.  The 4 dots in each corner and facsimile autograph add nothing to the card.  Give me a nice clean design like 2009 that shows off the team logo.


One type of card TCDB does not keep track of is refractors.  I can tell you how many autographed and game used cards I have, but not refractors.  Maybe some long weekend when I am bored, I will count them.


Speaking of game used cards, this Ankiel is number 242 in my collection.  Back in 2001, Upper Deck made memorabilia cards that still fit in regular sized top loaders.  The cards were so thin that, quite often, the cards creased next to the jersey or bat piece.    
  


    

1 comment:

  1. I remember the hobby hype over Ankiel cards. At the time I was still working at my LCS and people were going wild... opening packs of UD Ultimate Victory in hopes of pulling his rookie card.

    ReplyDelete