Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Bye Bye Rangers

2 things I love about trading: team trades and getting rid of a lot of cards at 1 time.  I was able to accomplish both of those in a recent trade with TCDB member Stark3K.  I sent him 54 Rangers cards from 1988-2019.  Most were base cards from 1997-2001.  I ended up with a mixture of 13 cards.  7 of them were Pirates and Cubs for 2 other collectors, while I came away with 5 Cardinals for me and 1 Altuve for my son.


Starting things off with 2 nice colored parallels.  The 2012 Update Target Red card is a great-looking color match.


This is a 2023 Update Silver Pattern Foilboard parallel.  Looks very similar to a Bowman Platinum Silver Ice parallel.  Not sure why Topps had to change the name.


Nice to add a couple of 2024 inserts to the Cardinals collection.  I am not a big fan of the Superstar Blueprint insert.  The design is too boring for me.  Give me something with color, or at least a nice chrome finish.


My son added his first 2024 Altuve card.  I like the idea of the Greatest Hits inserts set highlighting career milestones.  Reminds me of the Donruss Highlights sets from the late 1980s.  



No comments:

Post a Comment