Saturday, February 22, 2020

2 Packages Not From TCDB

Most of my posts involve trade recaps from transactions from TCDB website.  It is so easy to trade there that I have almost gone away from the 2 sites that I began my internet trading on.  The first site I joined was The Bench.  I joined that site in 2003.  I have done hundreds of trades there since then, but have slacked off big time.  A lot of the guys who traded heavily there when I joined are no longer active.  More members now are just looking for the lasted hot rookie.  One guy not like that is member David K.  He gives away a ton of great autographs and is so easy to trade with.  I sent him 3 2020 Topps inserts last week in exchange for a nice numbered Cardinal.


I have participated in the Topps Holiday promotion the last 2 years, but have always pulled base cards from my packs.  This parallel looks pretty cool.  

My other trading group is Trading Bases.  I am not sure when I joined that group, but it has been at least 10 years ago.  It a group of about 150 collectors who post on a message board.  Most have a website with a want list and trade list.  I tend to trade with only a few members there, but every now and then I receive a package out of the blue.


Member Pete P sent me this sweet 2005 Upper Deck Hall of Fame Musial card.  I have traded with him a few times, but will have to bookmark his site in an effort to trade more.  Anyone who sends you a nice card out of the blue deserves my time and attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment