Tuesday, February 4, 2020

2019 Fire Still Burning

It almost feels like Christmas Eve today.  Tomorrow 2020 Topps is scheduled to hit the shelves, although if you scan EBAY now you can already check out some of the cards.  I do not have any plans to open any packs, but if my local Wal-Mart gets some blasters in this week, that may change. 

While a lot of collectors have moved on to 2020, my son and I are still trying to complete the 2019 Topps Fire set.  I was able to complete a trade on TCDB with Marc B. last week that almost cut our needs in half.  While he may not be blogging, Mark is still writing card related posts here.  Mark managed to send 11 cards safely in a pwe.

It is almost painful trading for a Cubs card.  Good thing this is the last one needed. 

Some bigger names in this lot, with Andujar and Lindor being the highlights.  Not sure how much longer Frankie will be in Cleveland.  I would guess he will be traded at the deadline unless the Indians somehow come up with enough money to sign him. 

These 11 cards took our wantlist down to 13.  If anyone has any of these, shoot me a message.

37 Ronald Acuna
42 Taylor Ward
91 Jon Duplantier
100 Cal Ripken Jr.
128 Pete Alonso
134 Amed Rosario
150 Juan Soto
162 Scooter Gennett
163 Starling Marte
168 Eloy Jimenez
174 Ryan McMahon
176 Max Scherzer
197 Jake Arrieta

2 comments: