Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Cards From Kerry

I received a nice pwe from my favorite fellow Cardinals blogger Kerry yesterday.  He sent a nice variety of Cardinals ranging from 1979-2020. 

A trio of pitchers were included.  The Solly Hemus card is from the 1979 TCMA set.  This is only my second card from that set, lots of work to do to finish it.  The Dawley card finished the 1987 Fleer Update Glossy team set.  The Weaver is is my first 2017 A&G Hot Box Foil card.  Not as shiny as chrome, but a nice looking card anyway.

Two throwback uniforms are featured on these cards.  The 2015 Topps Target Throwback Carpenter card shows a uniform from the mid 1980s, while the Edman 2020 Topps shows the baby blues from the early 1980s that the Cardinals brought back last year for Saturday road games.  It is a toss up for me which is best. 


Kerry included 2 inserts as well.  The Hornsby is from 2011, the Edmonds from 2006.  What makes Kerry so great is he takes the time to search my TCDB collection for Cardinals I do not have.  I have a very large wantlist made up of mostly base cards, but only a few insert sets listed.  Thanks Kerry for the time and effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment