Sunday, June 7, 2020

2020 Bowman Cardinals

I have had 0 luck finding any Bowman at the 2 Walmarts within a 30 minute drive from my house.  Last week I did find the empty display boxes at one of them.  After talking to one of the workers, I found out someone had been there almost everyday since release date.  Last week he was lucky enough to catch the sales rep stocking the shelves.  She said he took over 15 blaster boxes and quite a few rack packs.

This 2020 Bowman craze is beyond crazy.  Some has to do with the virus, but most has to do with collectors, or should I say investors/flippers hunting down cards of Yankees prospect Jasson Dominguez.  The base paper cards are bringing over $10, while the chrome is over $25.  Looking at some of the inserts and autos would make you sick unless you were lucky enough to sell one.  Hard to put that kind of money on a 17 year old kid who has never played an inning of minor league baseball.  All I can think of is 2 words:  Brien Taylor. 

With no luck finding packs, I went the EBAY route to get my 2020 Bowman fix.  I have not seen a complete set of Cardinals including the chrome prospects for auction, so I have been trying to get into a box break.  Having never been involved with an EBAY break, I was surprised to so a lot of auctions that would not ship the paper cards, only inserts and chrome.  If I pay for a break, I want it all.  Monday was my lucky day as I finally won a spot in a break for 6 hobby boxes that cost me just under $21.  The break was about 11:00 that same night.  Of course I sat through the hour plus video to see what I got.  The cards arrived yesterday from the west coast. 


Each box had the four cards from the base set, so I have 5 extra now.  Kerry may need some, but I will still have at least 4 extras if anyone needs one.


I received all 5 paper prospects along with some extras.  I should have extras of Montero, Seijas, and Gorman once Kerry lets me know what he needs.


I was lucky to get 1 each of the Chrome cards.  After watching the video break I thought I needed the Gorman, but I mistaken it for a paper card.  It was great get all the paper and base from the break.  That was my main goal.


I also received these 2 Gorman inserts.  The Atomic card looks very sweet in hand.  About the only card that I really wanted but did not receive was the Cardinals Talent Pipeline.  Seijas is the only prospect autograph.  I should be able to get it for less than $5 in a month or two when the newness dies down. 

Overall I was pleased with the break.  Shout out to Zow Card Breaks on EBAY for the quick service and great packaging.  About the only down side was the time of the break, but he is on Pacific time while I am on Central time.  I usually do not stay up past midnight during the week if I have to go to work the next day, but sometimes you have to do it for the cards.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment