Monday, June 15, 2020

Busting Bowman

Even though I have all of the Cardinals base cards from 2020 Bowman from a group break, I still have been looking to bust some packs.  It is a blast busting open packs with my son.  It is a competition to see who get the best card.  It reminds me of being a kid and opening my first packs of 1986 Topps.

During baseball practice last week, he hit his first career home run over the fence.  I know it was not a game, but it was a big deal to him.  I figured a trip to  Dairy Queen would be a the top of his list, but instead he wanted to open some cards.  He got lucky twice that evening as we discovered the card section at Walmart was stocked full with 2020 Bowman blasters.  We each picked one out and headed home.
   

My son scored both of these Cardinals inserts.  I was joking with him that we needed the Talent Pipeline card.  One pack later out it came.


The other inserts from his box included a nice blue refractor numbered to 150.


My box had a couple of nice inserts including a Franco and Lux. 


We did not get a golden ticket Dominguez card, but did score a Witt Jr paper.  I am pretty sure that was in my son's box also.


No huge names from chrome.  It was a little disappointing to get 2 sets of duplicates from our boxes.  The paper was even worse with 18 duplicates.  After pulling an autograph from 4 different blaster boxes last year, my son was excepting more of the same.  I guess he will have to wait until the next round. 


No comments:

Post a Comment