Sunday, June 28, 2020

Time to Play Catch Up

I have had a ton of cards come in lately.  Some trades, an unexpected package, and the results of an EBAY group break.  I count 8 different piles of cards that need to be scanned, written about, and filed away.  My goal is to get all of this done before leaving on vacation on July 11.  The first trade recap is from TCDB member edsekula.  This one is not too overdue as I received his package on Thursday.


The only base cards in the group were these 2 thick 2018 Inception cards.  I do not like these quite as well as other premium brands like Triple Threads or Tribute, but they are still pretty sweet.


My Topps Gold collection has really taken off since I added them to my wantlist earlier this year.  Now I make it a point to added them as soon as the checklist comes out.


I have also been adding other parallels to the wantlist, including ones from brands other than Topps flagship.  TCDB has a nice feature that allows you to search for team cards by clicking on a base set, then seeing all the inserts and parallel cards from that set.  I should have starting using that feature a long time ago.


I have a ton of inserts sets to add to the wantlist, but some cards I know I need from looking just seeing them like the Ozuna Power Zone. 


The sole non Topps cards from the package was this 2017 Donruss The Rookies card.  Other than being a Cardinal, there is not a lot of good I can say about this one.  I do not like the a vertical name bar, the ball is cut in half, and the almost black looking Cardinals cap is just plain wrong.  Did I mention the lack of logos?

No comments:

Post a Comment