Thursday, June 11, 2020

Trade Long Time in the Making

Back when the virus hit in mid March, I noticed some TCDB members put a halt to their trading habits.  I cannot blame them at all for not wanting to get out to mail a package, or wanting to receive a package that had been in contact with numerous people from various parts of the country.  I had agreed to a trade with member Killtaker at the start of the pandemic, but we decided to put it on hold due to him being close to New York City.  Last week he contacted me about wanting to finish the trade up.  We both mailed without any problems, and I received my end over the weekend.


These 3 finished my 1999 Pacific Crown team set.  Love the simple design on these.  Does not seem typical of Pacific brands during that time period.


These are more like Pacific cards.  The Tatis insert highlights his 2 grand slams in 1 inning.  The Jordan is a base card from 1999 Private Stock.


I may never finish one of these MLB Showdown team sets, but I will keep trying. 


I was able to cross off a few base cards of some failed prospects.  The Gall is a short print from 2005 Leaf, Fansworth is a 2001 Reserve card numbered to 1500, and the dual card is from 2001 Topps Chrome.  Gall is the only one that made the Majors, and that was for only 33 games.


I never did get the concept of a card showing another card from a previous year.  The 2002 Fleer Rookie Flashback Bud  Smith shows his 2001 Fleer Triple Crown card.  Smith did pitch a no hitter his rookie year and finished 4th in the ROY voting, but could not sustain his success.  His 134 pitches during the no hitter may have led to his arm problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment