Thursday, June 30, 2022

2 Pair and a Bird

I have had a steady flow of pwe trades coming in the last few days.  Nothing major, but it is always nice to receive cards in the mail.  Even though my informed delivery lets me know what I am getting (or should be getting),  I still get a little thrill of coming home from work and seeing what cards I got.  TCDB member B Goguen sent me a pwe with 5 cards that included 2 cards each of 2 players and 1 card of another type of cardinal.

It is great to see Dylan Carlson having a good month.  After his slow start and injury, he has turned things around in June.  He is the only outfielder from opening day who is healthy right now.  Not sure what the Cardinals will do once everyone returns.  Rookies like Nolan Gorman, Juan Yepez, and Brendan Donovan have filled in nicely.  


Speaking of injuries, Flaherty landed back on the DL this week after 3 pretty bad starts.  There has been some reports that the Cardinals wanted him to take a longer rehab assignment, but Jack said he was ready.  Seems like there is always tension between him.  I would hate to see him traded, but it would not shock me if he is not a Cardinal next year.


This guy never has to worry about being traded.  Fredbird has been a mainstay in St. Louis for a long time.  Glad mascots get some hobby love in sets like 2022 Opening Day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment