Friday, June 10, 2022

Finally Friday

No catchy title today.  Just happy to see it is Friday.  Work has been hectic the last 2 weeks and I am looking forward to a Saturday at home to get some odd jobs finished.  I should also have some spare time to file away a few cards like the ones from a trade with TCDB member Ymmat.


I love cards of the retired greats, even ones that lack logos.  I will give some credit to Panini for at least using the Cardinals team colors on the 2021 Diamond King Musial insert.  


Speaking of Diamond Kings, these are my first from the 2022 set.  Nothing too exciting about them.  


I have a few more 2021 Big League cards to track down before I cross that set off my wantlist.  I need 1 more each of the base cards and Defensive Wizards insert.  Still have not decided if I want to do the orange parallels like I did in previous years.


I also need 1 more card to finish the 2022 Donruss base set.  I should have scanned the Goldschmidt with the DK cards because it is just as boring looking.  The blue border on the 2021 Topps O'Neill card goes well with the grass background. O'Neill returned from the DL earlier this week and hopefully will provide a lift to the Cardinals offense.  Fellow starting outfield Dylan Carlson should return to the lineup in tonight's game.  Not sure where the Cardinals will find playing time for youngsters like Juan Yepez, Brendan Donovan, and Nolan Gorman now that everyone is healthy.  I guess that is a good problem to have.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment