Wednesday, June 1, 2022

I Got Outnumbered

All of my trades involve Cardinals cards coming my way.  Not sure I would work out a deal without them.  I will trade for a few other things, most notably Jose Altuve cards for my son's collection.  Most of my trades start with me finding Cardinals I need, then if I need something to balance things out I will look for Altuve cards.  It is rare for me to complete a trade where my son receives more cards than me, but last week I worked out such a trade with TCDB member AnalogKid.

Before I show the cards, I must mention that this was one of the best packaged trades I have ever received.  Every card was in a sleeve, top loader, and an individual team bag.  


Pujols hit a walk off sac fly last night in the bottom of the 10th inning.  His days of hitting .300 with 30 home runs and 100 rbi's are long gone, but he still has his spots.  I have my doubts if he will hit 17 more home runs to get to 700 for his career.  At least we will see new Cardinal cards of him later this year.  Until then, cards like the 2008 Triple Threads and 2010 Upper Deck All World insert will tide me over.  


As I am typing this post, the Cardinals are winning this afternoon in the top of the 8th by a score of 3 to 1 over the Padres.  Arenado hit a 2 run home run right after Goldschmidt extended his hit streak to 23 games.  Wish I had entered the HR code today.  


Over the weekend my son and I purchased more Ultra Pro pages for his Altuve binders.  These inserts and 2015 Topps Museum card would not have a home without them.


Each one of these mini cards arrived in a soft sleeve just for minis.  I have never seen these before.  They work a lot better than folding over a regular sized sleeve over the top to make sure the card does not slide out.  



      

2 comments:

  1. Love those All-World inserts! I had never seen one before (for baseball anyway) until a couple months ago and promptly picked up a cheap Daisuke Matsuzaka on COMC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Die cuts are pretty cool. I miss Upper Deck making baseball cards.

      Delete