Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Midwest Monster Card Show Part 1

Last Friday I had a rare day off from work.  I scheduled a vacation day a couple of months ago so my son and I could attend the Midwest Monster card show near Indianapolis.  The day started off a little bleak as there was a bad thunderstorm that passed through my area.  It delayed us a little bit, but we managed to arrive at the show about 15 minutes after the doors opened.

The largest show we had been to before this one was 100 tables.  We were a little in awe to see 350 tables under 1 roof.  It was very well laid out, so it made getting around and remembering which tables we had hit up very easy.  We spent about 3.5 hours looking through display cases and countless bargain boxes.  We took a few breaks in between to check wantlists or just catch a breather, but the majority of the time we were hard at it.  We spent a total of $80 at the show, $20 of which was the entry fee.  We bought from 10 different dealers.  Today I will just show off the singles and smaller lots we bought.



I am a sucker for colored quarter cards even if they are from Panini.  Wish I could have found more Cardinals, but at least I came away with a nice Flaherty I needed.  


This dealer had an assortment of card prices ranging from 50 cents up to $25.  I snagged these 3 for $2.  I have quite a few Edmonds game used cards, but for $1 I will not pass up a card with a lot of red on it.  My son already had the Altuve, but it has since been traded.   The Kendall 2003 Flair is a Row 1 parallel numbered to 150 that had also been traded.


I bought this Walker card for $3 from the same dealer.  Hopefully in a few years he will have a game used card in a Cardinals uniform.


One of the last tables we visited had a small box of 5 for $1 cards.  There might have been 200 cards to flip through, but we had great luck finding 2 Cardinals I needed included a short print Goldschmidt and an Altuve my son did not have.  


Our last purchase of the day was this 2019 Heritage High Numbers Altuve autograph.  We saw it earlier in the day, but waited to see if we found another nice Altuve card that my son liked better.  He settled for this one.  Sticker price was $30, but the dealer sold it for $25.  



    

No comments:

Post a Comment