Thursday, June 23, 2022

Midwest Monster Card Show Part 2

Continuing my recap of last week's Midwest Monster card show with the last of my purchases.  Most of these came from quarter boxes. 




This was our first purchase of the day for $15.  The Altuve game used was $5, the autograph was $3, and the rest were a quarter or 50 cents.  My son was excited to find some nice Altuve cards right off the bat.  I was pleased to find a handful of Cardinals, although the Liberatore mojo refractor is a duplicate.  The 2 Pirates in the bottom scan have been traded, while the Hoskins is trade bait.




These were all quarter cards.  I did better this round on the Cardinals and made sure not to get duplicates.  




The second round of quarter cards was heavy on trade bait.  I even made the mistake of pulling 2 of the same card, but at least 1 is already gone.  Mojo refractors and chrome sapphire cards make great trade bait.




The last of the quarter lots was 12 cards just like the other 2.  The Goldschmidt was by far my favorite of them.  Lots of refractors and red parallels in this lot.





This dealer had a few boxes mark 6 for $1.  I pulled these 24 cards out and he charged me $3.  Pretty good deal for less than 15 cents each.  


Wrapping things up, I will say it was $80 well spent.  There is another show coming in October at the same location.  If it is as big, we may have to skip school on a Friday.  Some life lessons are more important than what can be learned in a classroom.




 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment