Thursday, June 2, 2022

Bobbles and Bags

My wife, son, and I were able to attend our first Cardinals game on Monday.  My daughter decided she would have a better time going on vacation with her boyfriend's family.  Earlier this year the Cardinals had a sale on Memorial Day tickets in the all you can eat areas.  I bought 3 tickets for about $60 each just above the centerfield batter's eye.

I will apologize for not taking any pictures at the game.  It never crossed my mind.  This is the first time we have sat in seats that included free food.  Hot dogs, brats, bbq chicken, nachos, and cookies to go along with soda and beer.  The buffet lasted 3 hours.  I made sure to eat my fair share.  We were in the shade the entire time, which felt great since the game started about 1:15.  The Cardinals won 6 to 3 thanks to home runs by Nolan Gorman and Paul Goldschmidt.  Fun game to be at and not bad for the price.  Only thing I will complain about was the price of parking.  I paid $25 to walk about a quarter of a mile to get to the stadium.  Lots closer ranged in price from $30 to $50.  

Before going into the stadium, I headed across the street to the Cardinals Hall of Fame Museum to pick up my membership bobbleheads.  A family membership includes unlimited free visits to the museum along with 2 exclusive bobbleheads.


      
This is my third different Whitey Herzog bobblehead.  This one is by far the best made.  The tropy he is holding is for being named the 1985 NL Manager of the Year.  


This is my second Lou Brock bobblehead.  This one has a voice chip that plays a clip from the game where he broke the career stolen base record in 1977.  


The Cardinals also gave away a set of 4 cornhole bags to anyone 21 and older.  The red bags are pitchers, the gray bags catchers.  The red set should have included a Bob Forsch instead of 2 Bruce Sutter bags.  I later discovered other people also received 2 bags of the same player instead of 1 of each.  I will not complain with anything free though.  Now I just have to buy a set of boards to use these with.  


No comments:

Post a Comment