Friday, June 24, 2022

Phillies for Cardinals

Happy Friday everyone.  This week I had to show up for work instead of hitting up a card show like last week.  Not nearly as fun, but it pays the bills.  If you have not heard, the bills for card traders will be a little more come early July due to a postage increase.  It is not much, but every little bit adds up.  Time to knock out a few trades before that happens.  Late last week I worked out a team trade with TCDB member johlamb.  9 Phillies went his way in return for 9 Cardinals I added to my collection.


I thought about buying a blaster of 2002 Gypsy Queen, but it has not showed up at my local Walmart yet.  Now I do not have to fight the urge.  With only a handful more base to complete my team set, the money will be saved for something else.  


Cards of pitchers are not highly sought after by most collectors, especially of ones not with the Cardinals anymore or of relievers.  They will have a home in my collection.  The Ponce gold parallel is from 2021 Update, while the Gallegos blue parallel is from 2020 Update.  


 
2022 Heritage black border cards have a print run of 50.  You would think the low print run would make this card serial numbered, but it is not.  Still a great looking card.



I do not recall the last time I added a Molina relic to my collection.  This 2021 Diamond Kings jersey card would have looked great with the photo from the 2021 Big League insert.  

    

No comments:

Post a Comment