Monday, June 13, 2022

2021 Topps Big League Box Break

2 weekends ago my son had a baseball tournament which included a 3 hour gap in between games.  We used that down time to eat and hit up a card shop.  I bought a few supplies for myself, and a 2021 Big League hobby box that my son opened with 3 of his teammates.  It was fun watching the 4 of them work out a few trades and being excited to pull a simple base card from their favorite team.  Once the dust settled, here is what I was left with.


Other than my son, none of the other players liked the Cardinals.  We had a Cubs, Mariners, and Dodgers fan also.  That worked out well for my team set.


Each of the 18 packs had an orange border parallel.  There were a few big names included like Robert and Tatis.


The 4 Art of the Game inserts had some big names.  I was a little surprised none of the boys wanted the Vlad or Trout cards.  


The most popular insert among the boys was the Wanted cards.  I believe they pulled 4 of them.  Soto is the only 1 that came home with us.  They liked the looks of the Defensive Wizards insert, but the players were not too exciting.  I already have a copy of the Goldschmidt, so this one will go in the trade box.


Our 1 per box rainbow foil was Ryan Jeffers.  Only 1 of the players had heard of them, but had zero interest in the card.  More trade bait for me.  It was a blast watching the boys open the box.  They sat their and sorted the base cards after they finished trading.  A big thank you to the store owners who featured them on their Facebook page and gave each one of them a snap case for their cards.  




  

No comments:

Post a Comment