Monday, May 11, 2020

An OZ-Some Trade

Saturday's mail brought 4 trade packages my way.  For now I plan to make a post for each one, but as the cards begin to stack up on my desk to be scanned that may change.  Today's recap is of a nice pwe from TCDB member hershey.  Of course this was a sweet trade for me.

I love getting oddball Ozzie cards.  Usually I think of the 1980s for the peak time of these types of cards like the 1984 Topps All Star Glossy Send In or the 1989 Fleer League Leaders, but the 1990s had quite a few also.  I have never seen the 1993 King B Disc before.  Not the best color scheme, but a cool card anyway.  The 1993 Pacific is the Spanish version.  My daughter just completed Spanish 1 in high school this year.  Maybe I will quiz her with this card.

More oddballs were included.  This batch is from 1990 Topps Hills Hit Men, 1990 Kaybee Kings of Baseball, and a 1990 Topps Sticker.  The Coleman is my favorite of the group.

I still need 2 more cards to complete my 1993 O-PEE-CHEE team set.  Sure enough Ozzie is one of them.


Finishing out the package were 2 cards that completed team sets.  The Benes is from 1995 Upper Deck Minors.  Back then the Cardinals Double A team was the Arkansas Travelers instead of the Springfield Cardinals.  The Gilkey is from 1992 Topps Micro.  I remember making a trade years ago for a complete set of Cardinals that was missing this card for some reason.  Now I can put it to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment