Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Just Some Cardinals

Today was a long and rough day at work.  I will not complain too much as I am grateful to still have a full time job right now, but it just seemed like there was no way to please some people.  Tomorrow is another day, and tonight I have some cards to show off from a trade with TCDB member Scorr15.


Minor league cards always bring a smile to my face.  The 1999 Team Best cards feature  Ankiel and Butler as members of the Prince William Cannons.   I had forgotten they were a Cardinals affiliate.  The Duncan is from the 2006 Granstand Hyundai Triple A Legends set.  Never heard of the set before getting this card.

Funny how the pose on these 2 cards are similar despite being from different companies and 3 years apart.  The Drew is a Class 3 Gold Label card from 2003.  The Edmonds is from 2003 Box Score.  Fleer had some good designs, but this was not one of them.


Yadi cards also help brighten my mood.  I do not understand why Topps put a Gallery preview card in 2019 Bowman Platinum.  Makes more sense to do it as a flagship insert.  The 2006 Topps card is from the team set.  I still need 2 more 2019 Optic cards for my team set.  I should have finished it a long time ago, but just have not made the trades.  Maybe if the set stood out more I would have made it a point to complete it earlier.   

No comments:

Post a Comment