Friday, May 15, 2020

Wonderful Reminder

About a month ago the Cardinals started to rebroadcast games from the 2011 season on my local radio station.  At first I listened to some of them, but it was hard to get into a regular season game against the Pirates.  I would have it on while doing other things, but would not pay much attention.  Fast forward to last week when Game 6 of the World Series was been played.  I remember watching the game on my birthday, but had never heard the Cardinals broadcast.  Although the TV version is much better, it was great living that classic game.  Of course I am biased, but that has to be a top 5 World Series game.

What does all that have to do with cards?  The day after hearing the game, I opened a trade package from TCDB member chadslagter.  The first card that I saw was this one:


Freese will always be a hero in St. Louis.  He retired last year, and I believe has moved back to the area.  I bet he does not have to pay for a meal when he goes out.


Topps captured the end of game 7 from the 2011 World Series on this  2020 insert.  I believe these cards were only available in the Wal-Mart player tins.  The Hudson is a 2019 Sepia refractor.  These are not bad, but I still prefer color.


Topps is running out of ideas for the manufactured patches.  Instead of including one in each blaster, they should just insert a jersey/bat card.  They have about the same value.


A few random inserts were included.  The Big League Blast Off is a cool idea, but I wish the design was a little better.  I guess the brand is geared more toward young collectors. 


My son added 1 more Altuve to the 300 quest.  Only 3 more to go.  He should hit that sometime next week as long as the mail does not get delayed or lost.  I will give kudos to the USPS during the pandemic.  My service has not been affected at all.  All my incoming and outgoing mail is arriving on time and in good shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment