Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Finished With Fire

It has been 15 years since I completed a set.  2005 Donruss was the last time that I put a set together through trades and pack busting.  Since then I have had little desire to attempt anything with all the short prints and variations needed to complete a set. 

My son rekindled my set building fire last Christmas after receiving 3 blasters of 2019 Topps Fire.  He loves the design and thought it would be neat to get them all.  It is a 200 card set with no short prints, so I was game.  We have needed the last 4 cards for a few weeks.  I was lucky enough to find a Sportlots seller who had all of them for $2.22 delivered.

   
Awhile back when I was filing away the Pete Alonso RC from this set, I did a check to make sure what I was missing.  Good thing I did because I found out I was missing the Seager card.


I was guessing the Acuna would be the last card I needed.  There have been quite a few on EBAY, but I did not want to pay $3-4 for the card.  Now that the set is done, we will spend a little time this weekend flipping through the cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment