Sunday, May 31, 2020

Kerry Hits Me Hard

Kerry from Cards on Cards has been a busy man lately.  He started up a Free Stuff Friday like quite a few other generous bloggers have been doing.  It seems like most of May he was already sending out packages to other collectors.  I was the lucky recipient of one of those earlier this month.  That was a great package, but last week he sent an even larger package that blew me away. 


There were so many great cards it is hard to choose where to begin.  I will start with my first Cardinals from the 2020 Bowman First Edition set.  I did not get in on any breaks for this or regular Bowman yet.  Both have been pretty rich for my blood.  Still holding out hope that Bowman will show up at my local Walmart.

 
Kerry also sent my first 2019 Bowman Heritage Cardinals.  I love the nice simple design, although the photos could be a little more zoomed out.


It is a great feeling get cards from a new set, but an even better one when you can complete a team sets.  Kerry finish 2000 Bowman Draft and 2003 Bowman Chrome Draft for me.


He also sent the last 5 cards I needed for the 1993 Classic Best set.  I love the Canseco card.

 
There were quite a few other minor league cards from various sets.  These were heavy on Adam Kennedy cards. 


I receive some nice oddball cards also.  The Tewksbury card is the dark gray back variation from 1990 Topps Traded. 


2003 Fleer Hardball was somewhat of an oddball issue due to the shape of the cards.  It would have been awesome if Fleer somehow made the stitches feel real.


It would not be a package without some type of parallels.  The Craig is a Copper parallel from 2014 Museum Collection.  When base cards can be tough to find, getting a parallel is great.


I have made no secret of my feelings about mini cards.  I will always prefer a normal sized card, but if minis are nicely done like these 2 then I can stand them a little more.

There were a few other cards from Kerry, but I did not want to ramble on too long.  Once again a big shout out for the great package!

1 comment:

  1. I wrote a pretty glowing review of Bowman Heritage after I got the cards from a break I was in, but I'm now pretty bummed out about it once I realized that all of the photos are just pulled from the regular Bowman product. Must have been easy cash for Topps, though.

    ReplyDelete