Friday, May 8, 2020

Carded by Kerry

In my never ending back and forth with fellow Cardinals fan and blogger Kerry , I sent a package his way earlier this week.  As fate would have it, that same day I received a sweet package from him.  Neither one of these packages were sent with any warning.  I guess it is true that great minds think alike.


What better way to start off than with a couple of retired Cardinals greats.  I love the TCMA cards from the 1970s.    This Boyer is from the 1978 set.  The photo on the 2018 Heritage Brock appears to be in a spring training stadium.  Busch Stadium never looked like that.


Two of the better shortstops in recent Cardinals history.  Renteria was not flashy, but was above average in about every aspect of the game. 


Minis come in all shapes, sizes, and brands.  The Slaughter is my first from 2018 Sport Kings. 

 
The Cardinals don't have much of a history with foreign players, but most of them seem to come from Japan.  Taguchi was a fan favorite during his time in the early 2000s.  This 2003 Topps is the Kanebo Japanese card.  Look closing to try and read the back.  Oh had a short 2 year run with the Cardinals.  He was effective his first year, then the league figured him out.  I think he is still around with the Rockies.


I love the 2019 Prizm parallels.  It would be fun to make a rainbow of a Cardinals player, but I doubt I will try.  Some of those crazy things are numbered below 100.

Thanks Kerry and I hope your end arrived safely.

2 comments:

  1. Someone on Twitter just sent me around 1500 Cardinals cards, so I already have another stack started for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like I better keep your wantlist handy. Thanks for thinking of me!

      Delete