Monday, July 25, 2022

Baseball Filled Weekend: Card Shop, 2 Cardinal games, and Card Show

With the opportunity to take a summer vacation winding down before school starts in mid August, I decided to make the trip to Cincinnati this past weekend along with my wife and son.  My daughter was on a school field trip to Canada, but baseball is not really her thing anymore so the timing worked out great.  We left Friday morning with plans to stop at a card shop in Louisville, KY on our way to watch the Cardinals play the Reds on Friday and Saturday night.  Before we left town on Sunday morning, we also hit up a card show.

We arrived back home mid afternoon yesterday, but I did not have a chance to get all my pictures and scans uploaded, so today I will just have a quick recap from the card shop.  We arrived at Louisville Sports Cards about 10 minutes after the store opened.  This was our second visit to the shop.  Last July we hit the store on our way back from a baseball tournament in Lexington.  The store is laid out very well with plenty of showcases, player boxes, and value boxes.  My son and I spent about 45 minutes going through the 6 for $5 boxes and 1 player box.  Time and traffic did not allow us anymore time if we planned on making it to Friday's game on time.  Here is what we found.


There were quite a few Altuve cards in the player box.  This orange jersey swatch caught my son's eye.  For $3 it was an easy decision.


Other than the Altuve jersey card, I only bought 6 cards for $5.  This 2020 Mojo refractor of Carlson was the only Cardinals I found that was worth the price.


I think I did pretty well with the other 5 cards.  My son found another Altuve he needed, while the 2 camo parallels should pay for our trip.  The Henry Davis insert and Ellsbury jersey card will be headed to Trading Bases member Ron B.  I also need a couple of snap cases, so my total for the day was $9.  Since I paid with cash, there was no tax.  I highly recommend a stop here if you are ever in Louisville.


No comments:

Post a Comment