Friday, July 8, 2022

Somewhat New Lankford Card

I usually get pretty excited to show off a new Ray Lankford card.  It rarely happens anymore, maybe once or twice a year.  Those rare 1990s parallels I need just do not show up that often, and Lankford does not get any hobby love from Topps since he was not a major star.  He does however get the buyback treatment every now and then.


This 2017 buyback is from the 1993 Bowman set.  If you look closely above the nameplate you will see the bronze foil stamp.  I do not go crazy over buybacks, but for around $2 I will buy up those of my favorite player.  A day after I won this card, one of those rare 1990s parallels I needed was listed on EBAY.  I was thrilled until I saw the asking price of over $200 or best offer.  The card is no longer listed, so I assume someone was willing to overpay.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment