Friday, July 15, 2022

Bench Trade

In my recent flurry of trades, I managed to complete one on The Bench trading site.  Before I discovered TCDB, this was my favorite place to trade.  In recent years the membership has shifted from set/team/player collectors to those more interested in the latest and greatest player that can be turned for a profit.  I still search the site daily, but rarely find any posts that lead to a trade.  That changed earlier this month when member davids5505 was looking to complete the 2021 Topps Big League set.  I sent him a healthy staff of base cards in exchange for some nice Cardinals.


This member opened some pack of his own that produced some parallels for trade bait.  I gladly scooped up these 3.


He also had quite a few 2022 Donruss inserts for trade.  I still need the Nootbaar base card, but now have the orange parallel.  The patriot in me really likes the Musial Independence Day parallel.  


I also receive a 2002 Topps insert and a 2021 Update gold parallel.  No offense to Austin Dean, but the Paul Goldscmidt card is a way better card.  I have made no secret of my love for the 1987 Topps design.  Put the NL MVP of the first half on the card and you get a great card.



No comments:

Post a Comment