Monday, July 18, 2022

Small Peoria Autograph Recap

Last Sunday my son, wife, and I made our first trip to Peoria this year to watch the Cardinals High A team play.  My daughter chose to stay home and spend the day with her boyfriend.  Her loss.  Now that my son's baseball season is over, I hope to have a few more weekends free for watching games.  

As with any minor league game we attend, we try get get some autographs.  Dozer Park is a easy park to get autographs in.  The netting only goes to the dugouts right now.  Sundays are also team autograph day after the game.  I believe there were around 15 players who were signing this time.  We only had cards for 3 players, and were lucky enough to get 2 of them.  


Love was a 3rd round pick in 2021.  He has been in the Chiefs starting rotation all season.  His in person autograph is very similar to his certified one below.  


Our other autograph was from relief pitcher Levi Prater.


Prater was a 3rd round selection in 2020.  He has an interesting story.  As a young child he lost 3 fingers on his right hand in a lawn mower accident.  His ring finger and pinky remain.  Not sure how his glove fits, but it must work somehow.  I was hoping he would pitch, but he did not.  His in person autograph is also very close to his certified one.


As for the game, the Chiefs lost 6 to 5.  After being down 4 to 0, they managed to tie the score in the bottom of the 8th.  In the top of the 9th, the other team got their leadoff batter on second.  He was clearly picked off, but was called safe.  After he scored the go ahead run, we got to see the Chiefs manager come out on the field to give the umpire a good tongue lashing.  His efforts got him ejected.  The highlight of the game for my son and I was participating in a snow cone eating challenge.  I waxed him pretty good, but ended up with a brain freeze.  Good thing it was around 90 degrees that afternoon.  



  

No comments:

Post a Comment