Thursday, January 4, 2024

2 New Lankfords plus 2023 in Review

2023 was the best year for adding Ray Lankford cards to my collection in a long time.  I have Panini to thank for that for including him in Donruss and Chronicles.  31 new cards came from those 2 sets, including 2 nice autographs that arrived last week from EBAY.



Much like the Immaculate Signatures card, I am working my way towards another rainbow.  Not counting the printing plates, there are 6 versions of this card.  I am missing the 1/1 and the red numbered to 10.  A red version ended on EBAY earlier this week for $57 plus shipping.  That is more than I paid for these 2 combined.  

Due to my Lankford purchases, 2023 was my most expensive card year since I started keeping track in 2006.  I spent just under $1,100 on cards.  That is broken down into $350 for Lankford cards, $650 for other Cardinals, and about $100 for trade bait and supplies.  That may not sound like much to some collectors, but I like to keep a tight budget on my collecting until my children are out of college and my house is paid off.  About 4 more years to go.  I also spent close to $250 in postage this year.  I believe I completed about 150 trades, most of which were the pwe variety.  Overall I am very pleased with the additions to my collection in 2023.  Lots of new Lankfords and vintage Cardinals.

    

1 comment: