Tuesday, January 23, 2024

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #64

I return this week with 2 for Tuesday after taking last week off to highlight my trip to Cardinals Winter Warm Up.  I had 8 different trade envelopes to choose from last night for today's post.  I settled on 2 small ones with 6 cards total.  First up is a 3 pack from member robglessner.


I am almost finished with the complete run of Classic sets.  Ozzie finished the 1992 set, while Clark leaves me 1 shy of the 1987 Update set.  


Jose's twin brother played in the Cardinals system for a few seasons.  He even played a handful of games for the Cardinals in 1992 and 1993.  The power was never there, unfortunately.  I was able to complete the 1992 Skybox AAA team set with this card.  

The second 3 card package came from member uncfan505.


I was always a fan of team leader cards featuring multiple players.  It is even better when Hall of Fame players share the card.  Maybe Topps can recreate this card with Arenado and Goldschmidt on it.


Not much in common with the cards other than both players are outfielders.  I got Carlson's autograph when he played in Peoria.  Maybe this year I will be able to add Cho's signature to the collection.


    
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment