Monday, January 8, 2024

Going to be an Long Week

It is only Monday, but I already have my eyes on the weekend.  The Cardinals Caravan and Winter Warm Up are scheduled to start Friday and last all weekend.  That is weather permitting, though.  The forecast for Friday could bring some snow to the area.  Last week some forecasts showed up to 8-10 inches.  Today's update has knocked it down to 3-4.  The less snow, the better because the weekend is going to be very cold with highs in the 20s.  Fingers crossed Mother Nature will allow my son and I to enjoy our annual father/son baseball weekend.    

To help pass the time, I should have quite a few trades coming in to go along with a handful that arrived over the weekend.  I scanned a few of the trade arrivals already, including a package from TCDB member JustinBobo77.


Sadly Goldschmidt will not be attending Winter Warm Up (WWU) this weekend.  I was hoping to get his autograph, but hopefully, he will sign an extension this year and show up to next year's event.


I attended my first WWU in 2010.  Pujols was there and also in 2011.  Sadly I did not get his autograph back then.  Not sure if he will ever come back, as most of the retired greats do not.  I never met Musial at the WWU, but did get his autograph at a show in 2001.  I remember I paid $50 for him.  I also paid $75 at the same show for JD Drew.  Take a guess which was the better deal.  


Some prospects do sign at WWU, but most of them are either Double or Triple A players.  Crooks should start this season at Double A Springfield, while Cho will most likely begin in High A Peoria.  I got Crooks' auto last year in Peoria, hope to do the same with Cho this season.    



No comments:

Post a Comment