Monday, January 29, 2024

3 More

Today I was hoping to do a recap of the card show I attended on Saturday.  I was able to spend about 1.5 hours at the show.  The only problem was it was a major dud.  Overpriced and overproduced were the reoccurring themes I found.  Any well-educated Cardinals collector is not going to pay $10 for a Jordan Walker 2023 Topps base card.  This is the third consecutive show at this location that has been a disappointment.  I will not be wasting the gas money or time to go back.

Instead of card show bargains, I will show off yet another trade consisting of 3 new Cardinals.  TCDB member OraInPA sent a nice pwe my way last week.  


It is rare for me to find early 1990s inserts I do not have.  I get a little excited when I do find them.  I have never seen this 1994 Pinnacle Power Surge insert before this trade.  This card highlights Whiten's 4 home run and 12 RBI game in 1993.

This 2023 Big League insert I have seen plenty of times.  So many that I thought I already had it.  Good thing TCDB keeps my wantlist up to date for me.


Another Big League insert from 2023.  If  Adrian Beltre received 95.1% of the votes in his first year on the HOF ballot, I wonder what Pujols will get.  I am sure there is some idiot reporter out there who will keep him from getting 100%.  


        

1 comment:

  1. I like the Gorman and 8-Bit Ballers Pujols. And you're probably right about Pujols and the HOF. I'm sure he'll get in on the first ballot though.

    ReplyDelete