Wednesday, January 10, 2024

So I Lied

One week ago, I made a post about some 2023 Heritage High Number cards I received in a trade.  Near the end, I mentioned how the Taylor Motter card would be the only one in my collection.  A surprise package from TCDB member mzentko a few days ago proved me wrong.  He is a long-time trading partner from a few different groups who also has a large Cardinals collection.  I sent him a small package of my duplicates back in December as a Christmas present.  He sent return fire back this week with a 2023 Memphis Redbirds team set.


My Motter pc now stands at 2.


The set included a couple of other guys a little less well-known than Mr. Motter.  Maybe one of them can crack the starting lineup this year.


The 30 card set had quite a few pitchers in it, including these 2 guys who have a chance to make it to the Majors this year.  


Also in the package was this in person autograph of Jacob Wilson.  I watched Wilson play several times in Peoria and Springfield and had high hopes for him making St. Louis.  He had plenty of power for a middle infielder, but the batting average was never high enough.  He was always a great guy and signed autographs at most games.


Last but not least was a nice Cardinals patch.  Not sure if this came from a card pack or where.  It is about an inch square.  Fun little item to add to the collection.
  


     

No comments:

Post a Comment