Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Cardinals Trade Molina for .... Pujols?

Before I started writing this blog, I enjoyed reading the blogs of other Cardinals fans like Kerry at Cards on Cards and Brady at St. Louis Cardinals Cardboard.  In a way reading their blogs inspired me to start sharing my Cardinals collection with other bloggers.  It has also giving me trading partners to swap my doubles with.  Last week I received a nice package from Brady in exchange for some Molina cards and a Ron Gant auto I sent his way. 

A six pack of Pujols cards to start things off.  The Diamond Kings cards is my favorite, wish Donruss still had an MLB license.  I do like the current version of Diamond Kings, but it is not the same without the logos.  I can say that I do not miss all the sets Fleer put out in the early 2000s.  Hot Prospects, Flair, Patchworks, Focus, Futures, Tradition are just a few of the many.

This Pujols insert is from 2007.  I like the action shot, the background not so much.

I have said it before, but I am a sucker for cards of past Cardinals.  These 2001 Topps Archives Reserve cards show 2 Hall of Famers, although Carlton is most remember for being a Philly.  The Cardinals trade of him for Rick Wise may be the worst one in their history.

Big Mac was also present in the package.  I do wish he would return to St. Louis as the hitting coach.  The Cardinals have relied on their pitching too much since he left for LA, but I guess you cannot blame a guy for wanting to be closer to his family.

The highlight of Brady's package was this 2014 Stadium Club Oscar Taveras autograph.  I believe this was one of his last certified autographs before he passed away last October.  I certainly do not condone how he took his own life as well as his girlfriend's by driving drunk.  It is hard to think about what might have been for the Cardinals most prized prospect since Pujols. 

Thanks Brady for a great trade!




No comments:

Post a Comment